What is Turkey eVisa
Turkey eVisa is an online visa introduced by the Turkish MOFA in 2013. Thanks to the introduction of the electronic visa system, travelers from a number of countries no longer need to visit the Turkish embassy or consulate to apply for a visa to Turkey.
Turkish electronic visa comes in two types – either as a single-entry visa for a 30-day stay or a multiple-entry one for a 90-day stay.
Regardless of the selected visa type or applicant’s nationality, the Turkish eVisa serves only the purpose of tourism or business.
The online visa application requires eligible applicants to provide certain documents that may differ depending on the individual’s nationality.
The entire process is very intuitive and should take only a few minutes. One needs to fill out the short online form, upload the required documents, and cover the processing fee. The approved Turkish eVisa will then be delivered to the applicant’s email address.
Travelers holding the Turkish online visa must enter Turkey within one month from the date of issue and no later than 3 months (90 days) after its approval date.
Note: Turkey no longer requires arriving travelers to have the COVID-related Turkey Passenger Locator Form.
Apply online for Turkey e visa
Turkish visa system
The Turkish visa system is quite complicated. Some nationalities can enter Turkey visa-free, and others are eligible for an eVisa. Check your eligibility on the list of countries specified here. More than 90 countries can apply online for an electronic Turkey visa!
Visa requirements to meet and your stay’s length will also differ depending on your country of origin.
Turkey eVisa types
There are two types of Turkey eVisa. Citizens from eligible countries can apply for either a single-entry visa or a multiple-entry visa to Turkey.
Which eVisa type you’ll be eligible for depends on your nationality. Grab your valid passport and check the list of eligible countries to see which electronic visa type you can apply for.
The price of the Turkey eVisa also differs based on the applicant’s nationality and can be:
- 69 Euro
- 99 Euro
- 129 Euro
Read more about the price of eVisa Turkey here.
How can travelers use the Turkey eVisa?
Approved Turkey eVisa allows its holder to take on short-term (either 30 or 90-day) trips relating to leisure, business, or transit. This means that travelers using the electronic visa system of Turkey can:
- go on vacation to Turkey
- visit their family and friends
- attend events, conferences, trade fairs, and meetings
- handle any business duties in Turkey
- take a transit stop while reaching another destination
Turkish eVisa requirements
All travelers who wish to obtain an electronic visa permit to travel to Turkey need to have the following documents:
- a valid passport (that will not expire for the next 6 months from the date of arrival in Turkey)
- an active e-mail address (onto which eVisa is sent in a PDF version)
Some countries have to attach additional documents to make their application successful, e.g., a round-trip ticket booked with specified airlines, a return ticket, a valid visa to USA, Ireland, UK, or any of the Schengen Area countries, proof of having sufficient funds for the trip, and other.
Before applying, make sure that you prepare the necessary documents that apply to your country of origin.
Submitting the required documents assures that the processing of your electronic visa will go as smoothly as possible, minimizing the risk of delays or issues with approval.
How to apply online for a Turkey eVisa?
Once you have gathered the required for your nationality documents, start the application process online. Use any preferred device with an internet connection and complete the process in just a few minutes.
Online application guide:
- Provide the information from your documents and all of the essential data in an application form. Attach the additional documents (if necessary) and ensure the form has been filled in correctly.
- Choose any method of online payment from the several available on our website and pay the visa fees.
- Check your e-mail address for the individual confirmation number. The average Turkey eVisa processing time is just 19 hours.
Our team thoroughly checks if each application is error-free before submitting it further. That is reflected in the 99% application approval rate that we can guarantee when using our services.
Do you need a Turkey eVisa to transit through Turkey?
If you do not plan on leaving the designated transit area at the airport your layover takes place, you do not have to apply for the Turkey eVisa.
However, if you wish to exit this area, make sure to submit your application no later than 72 hours before departure. Submit your application leaving 3 business days for its processing to ensure that you will receive the required document on time.
Turkey eVisa can be used for short transit stays, especially when you have a bit more time and would like to explore Turkey while on your layover.
Do Americans need a visa to Turkey?
Yes. Americans do need to obtain a visa for Turkey. They can, however, apply for a Turkish eVisa from the U.S. in a few easy steps. American citizens are eligible for a multiple-entry Turkey eVisa, which allows them to stay in the country for 90 days within a 6-month period.
They will simply need to have a valid passport to complete the online visa application. The passport must, however, remain valid for at least 6 months from the date of planned arrival in Turkey.
Additional Important information
- Every applicant has to have a separate visa permit, even children.
- Turkey’s eVisa does not serve as a working permit.
- All travelers must apply at least 3 business days in advance of their travel.
- The allowed period of stay is within 180 days of validity. For example: if you entered Turkey with an Argentine passport, you could stay up to 90 days in a range of 180 days. Therefore, you will not be able to leave the country and re-enter once your stay has expired to renew it, but you will have to wait three months outside Turkey before you can re-enter.
- If you have dual citizenship, it is impossible to enter with one passport, leave, and then re-enter with the other to stay longer.
- You cannot prolong your stay in Turkey.
- Turkey’s eVisa has to be printed out and taken to the airport along with a valid passport.