Do I need a visa to travel to Turkey? In this post, we give each traveller details about the tourist visa to Turkey. According to the applicant’s nationality, the length of the stay, entry requirements, and visa type differ.
Until recently, there was a lot of misinformation about the Turkish visa, especially about which European nationalities needed one to enter and which did not. But in 2020, the Turkish Foreign Ministry added several countries to the list of those that do not need a tourist visa, and things became much clearer.
This is what you need to know about the Turkey visa:
Turkish visa system
The Turkish visa system is quite complicated. Some nationalities can enter Turkey visa-free, other are eligible for an e-Visa permit. Check your eligibility on the list of countries specified here. More than 90 countries can apply online for an electronic Turkey visa!
Visa requirements to meet and your stay’s length will also differ depending on your country of origin.
Turkey e-Visa types
There are two types of Turkey e-Visa. Citizens from the eligible countries can apply for either a single-entry visa or a multiple-entry visa to Turkey.
The price can be:
- 69 Euro
- 99 Euro
- 129 Euro
and depends on the applicant’s nationality.
Read more about price for eVisa Turkey here.
Turkish e-Visa requirements
All travellers who wish to obtain an electronic visa permit to travel to Turkey need to have the following documents:
- a valid passport (that will not expire for the next 6 months from the date of arrival in Turkey)
- an active e-mail address (onto which e-Visa is sent in a PDF version)
Some countries have to attach additional documents to make their application successful, e.g., a round-trip ticket booked with specified airlines, a return ticket, a valid visa to USA, Ireland, UK, or any of the Schengen Area countries, proof of having sufficient funds for the trip, and other.
Before applying, make sure that you prepared the necessary documents that apply to your country of origin.
How to apply online for a Turkey e-Visa?
Once you have gathered the required for your nationality documents, start the application process online. Use any preferred device with an internet connection and complete the process in just a few minutes.
Online application guide:
- Provide the information from your documents and all of the essential data into an application form. Attach the additional documents (if necessary) and ensure the form has been filled correctly.
- Choose any method of online payment from the several available on our website and pay the visa fees.
- Check your e-mail address for the individual confirmation number. An average Turkey e-Visa processing time is just 19 hours.
Our team thoroughly checks if each application is error-free before submitting it further. That is reflected in the 99% application approval rate that we can guarantee when using our services.
Vaccinations to Turkey
Currently, there are no compulsory vaccinations to do before entering Turkey. But to stay safe, it is recommended to purchase travel insurance.
Additional Important information
- Every applicant has to have a separate visa permit, even children.
- Turkey’s e-Visa does not serve as a working permit.
- All travellers must apply at least 3 business days in advance of their travel.
- The allowed period of stay is within 180 days of validity. For example: if you entered Turkey with an Argentine passport, you could stay up to 90 days in a range of 180 days. Therefore, you will not be able to leave the country and re-enter once your stay has expired to renew it, but you will have to wait three months outside Turkey before you can re-enter.
- If you have dual citizenship, it is impossible to enter with one passport, leave, and then re-enter with the other to stay longer.
- You cannot prolong your stay in Turkey.
- Turkey’s e-Visa has to be printed out and taken to the airport along with a valid passport.