A Turkey e-Visa system was introduced in April 2013 by the Turkish government to make the process of getting a visa easier. Now, Americans can get it and enjoy their stay in Turkey.
To apply, they need a valid passport, a photo of their face, and covering the fee. No visit to the Turkish embassy or consulate is necessary as the process can be done entirely online.
Also, it is possible to get a single-entry or a multiple-entry Turkey e-Visa. The first one enables one for a 30-day stay, while the second one 90-day stay. It is a very interesting option for everyone who wants to save time and nerves.
Does American need Visa to Turkey?
Before traveling to Turkey, United States citizens should obtain a valid Turkey visa. Also, it is advisable to apply for an online Visa – a travel document that enables one to enter Turkey and stay there temporarily.
Is it possible to get a Visa on Arrival in Turkey?
Turkey visa on arrival is available for US citizens. Keep in mind that it is recommended to get an online visa. Thanks to it, you can avoid wasting your time in line and prepare earlier.
Turkey Visa for US Citizens
The Turkey e-Visa for US citizens is an official travel document that enables you to enter Turkey legally. Before traveling, you need to check all requirements and prepare the necessary documents. Then, you will be able to take part in the Turkey e-Visa application process.
Who can get a Turkey Visa?
All eligible travelers can get a Turkey visa. What is more, US citizens must obtain it if they want to visit this country.
It is advisable to apply earlier as the process depends on many factors, so the time for each application may be different. However, it is very fast.
Turkey e-Visa and Visa on Arrival
An e-Visa needs to be obtained before the trip. Also, there is a single-entry permit and a multiple-entry visa online, while you can get a visa on arrival while you are already in the country.
It is worth considering the e-Visa option as you may wait a long time in the queue to get a visa on arrival.
How to Apply for a Turkey e-Visa?
Before applying for a visa to enter Turkey, you must check all the requirements and prepare the necessary documents. Then, visit the website and click on the ‘Apply Online’ button. After that, you should follow these simple steps:
- Complete a Turkey visa application form. Provide correct information and check them twice to avoid mistakes that can lead to delays.
- Attach the necessary documents.
- Cover the fee with available payment methods such as PayPal or credit/debit card.
- Wait for the processing and receive your e-Visa in PDF form via email.
- Our team of experts will check your visa application form to make sure the information is accurate and complete.
The whole process is very fast and smooth, so you can relax. Also, please make sure to print out your online visa, as Turkish authorities will check it at the border crossing.
The Requirements for a Turkish e-Visa for Americans
To get a visa and visit Turkey, American citizens must prepare the necessary documents and meet all the conditions:
- Have a valid passport for at least 6 months with space for stamps;
- Printed e-Visa (on arrival)
It is possible that some additional documents will be required, so keep that in mind.
- You need to have a valid passport and a printed e-Visa to visit Turkey;
- Nationals from the US who travel on cruise ships can enter Turkey for 72 hours without a visa;
- The e-Visa to Turkey is valid for 6 months from the date of issue;
- Each visitor must apply separately for an online visa;
- Travelers who transit through Turkey don’t need a visa as long as they don’t leave the transit zone;
- You can’t take part in activities linked to employment. In this case, you must apply at the embassy for a work permit and work visa;
- It is not possible to extend or overstay a Turkey e-Visa;
- There are many benefits of the online Visa: you don’t need to visit the embassy or consulate, you can apply from home, and you save your time and nerves;
- You can ask the support team if you have any problems or doubts regarding the visa topic.